Six stabbed in fracas at Bedford party

-A A +A

Suspect arrested in Lancaster, Ky., Monday evening

By Phyllis McLaughlin

Six people were injured in a fracas Saturday, Nov. 6, that allegedly began as a verbal argument at a Bedford party and escalated when one of the guests pulled a knife and then a sawed-off shotgun on several others.
Aaron Woosley, 25, of Lancaster, Ky., had been invited to a party hosted by Chris Barnes at his 216 Clark Drive, Bedford, home. During the party, an argument began between Woosley and another guest, Josh Sparkman of Bedford, according to Trooper Michael Webb, public information officer for Kentucky State Police Post 5.
Witnesses said Woosley allegedly pulled a knife with a 4-inch blade on Sparkman, who was stabbed in the hip, Webb said.
At that point, five others – who investigators believe were trying to break up the fight – also were stabbed: Brittany Barnes, of State Hwy. 316, Campbellsburg, was stabbed in the buttocks; Robert Raisor Jr., 25, of Hardy Creek, was stabbed in the chest and left torso; Jeremy Sullivan, 25, of Bedford was stabbed in the forehead; Chris Barnes was stabbed in the wrist; and Andrew Sullivan, 22, was stabbed twice in the lower back, Webb said.
Webb said at some point, Woosley was able to find a sawed-off shotgun in the dwelling and pointed it at the others, who were able to subdue him. No shots were fired.
Webb said Woosley and the five victims were transported to Carroll County Memorial Hospital for treatment.
Three of the six, including Woosley and Brittany Barnes, were transported by ambulance to University of Louisville Hospital; Andrew Sullivan was transported to U of L Hospital by an Air Methods medical helicopter. Family members said he had surgery to repair damage to his spleen, pancreas and a kidney that resulted from the stabbing. He was kept in the intensive care unit until Wednesday night, and remains in the hospital.

"He's feeling better," said his sister, Kristin Sullivan, in a phone interview Thursday morning. "He doesn't want to be in the hospital anymore."
It was unclear Tuesday which of the other guests was transported to Louisville for treatment, Webb said.
Webb said Woosley was hospitalized until Monday, when an arrest warrant was obtained by KSP.
Woosley, who already had returned to his home in Lancaster, was arrested there Monday evening and charged with  six counts of first-degree assault and one count of first-degree wanton endangerment.
Woosley was lodged in Boyle County Jail, where he was being held on a $100,000 full-cash bond. As of Tuesday, he was awaiting transport back to Trimble County, Webb said.
Webb said Woosley may face additional charges, including  possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He said investigators found a sawed-off shotgun in Woosley’s car, but determined it was not the one used during the altercation.
Woosley previously was convicted on a charge of second-degree arson in Lincoln County; and was convicted of burglary, along with two separate convictions for theft and a conviction for parole violation in Garrard County; and convicted of several lesser crimes in Mercer County, Webb said.