Stabbing victim leaves hospital

-A A +A

Sullivan recovering from surgery to repair organs

By Phyllis McLaughlin

A 22-year-old man who was stabbed during an argument at a party on Clark Road in Bedford early Saturday, Nov. 6, is home recovering from his injuries.
Andrew Sullivan was one of six people injured after another partygoer pulled a knife during an argument. He was stabbed twice in the back, with the blade slicing his spleen, pancreas and one kidney, according to his sister, Kristin Sullivan.
She said earlier reports that her brother had been stabbed in the abdomen were incorrect and called The Trimble Banner last week to clarify Andrew’s injuries.
Following surgery, she said Andrew Sullivan remained in the intensive care unit at University of Louisville Hospital until Wednesday, Nov. 10. He had been transported there by medical helicopter shortly after the stabbing occurred.
He was released Saturday and is recuperating at his mother’s home in Indiana, she said.
Meanwhile, Aaron Woosely, 25, of Lancaster, Ky., who was  arrested Nov. 8 in connection with the stabbing, has been transferred from Boyle County jail to the Carroll County Detention Center, where he is being held on $100,000 cash bond. His arraignment was scheduled for yesterday, Nov. 16, in Trimble County District Court.
Kentucky State Police said the incident began when Woosely got into an argument with Josh Sparkman, another guest at the party, which was hosted by Chris Barnes. Woosley allegedly pulled a knife on Sparkman and stabbed him in the hip.
KSP officials, who said Monday they had no new information on the case, said four other party guests tried to subdue Woosley and were allegedly stabbed in the process.
Jeremy Sullivan, Andrew’s cousin, had been home at the time of the party and was called to the scene after the stabbing occurred, according to Brenda Sullivan, Jeremy’s mother, who also phoned The Banner to clarify events from that evening.
She said Jeremy Sullivan told her that when he arrived at the house, Woosley met him at the door and aimed a shotgun at him. No shots were fired, but during an altercation with Woosley, Jeremy Sullivan ended up with a knife wound to his scalp, his mother said Friday.
The wound was so deep, she said, that the knife actually scraped his skull. Doctors closed the wound with 32 stitches inside and out, Brenda Sullivan said.
Woosley faces six counts of first-degree assault, a Class B felony, and one count of first-degree wanton endangerment, a Class D felony.
If convicted, Woosley faces 10-20 years in prison for each of the six assault charges and one to five years in prison for the wanton endangerment charge. Each of the charges also carries a fine of $1,000 to $10,000.